Thomas Corley, the author of “Rich Habits:” The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy People,” spent five years studying what rich people do differently than everyone else. (For his study he defined “rich” as someone with an annual income over $160,000 and a liquid net worth of $3.2 million of more – no too shabby!!)
He then went on to define nine habits that rich people had and the non-rich people didn’t. He explained that just about everyone had a few rich habits, bit it would be a good idea to increase that to fifty percent. Here they are!
1. Rich people always keep their goals in sight.
76% of the wealthy actually put their goals in writing.
2. Rich people maintain a daily “to-do” list
Not only do the wealthy keep to-do lists, but two-thirds of them complete 70% or more of those listed tasks each day.
3. TV is not important to rich people.
Mostly wealthy people watch one hour or less of the boob-tube per day, and only 6% watch reality shows!
4. Rich people read… But not necessarily for fun.
86% of rich people love to read, and most read for self-improvement every day!
5. They like to listen to books too.
63% of the wealthy spend their commute listening to audio books.
6. They make a point of going above and beyond at the office.
81% of the rich agree with this statement: “I do more than my job requires.” They tend to enjoy their work as well.
7. They aren’t hoping to win the jackpot.
Only 6% of the rich people play the lottery on a regular basis, but they are willing to take financial risks with their money when the time is right.
8. Rich people watch their waistline.
Wealthy people value their health, and over 60% count calories every day.
9. And they take care of their smiles.
“I floss every day!”